Monday, July 25, 2016

Writing

Well, I did it. It took down the old WORD WALL. I have debated this for years, and so last year I REALLY paid attention to the kids and their use of that prime real estate! Not much use... except when I would walk to the wall...point.. there it is... or tell them, "use your word wall." The amount of independent use was not impressive. I THINK I CAN DO BETTER. Years ago I made this Words for Writing Journal. I made it with two options... words already in a teaching font, and the dotted words. This year I am making the dotted word version of the book. As kids master their sight words, they will trace over their words and OWN THEM. This will become more interactive. They will keep their writing books in their writing folder to use when ......WRITING!!! I think this is going to be super. I can't wait to see how it works in action.

Find THE WORDS FOR WRITING JOURNAL in my TPT store. Easy to put together and super as a reference the kids can keep.


And then the same page in the dotted font. This can work dual purpose.....for writing and working on sight words. I love it!
Two options (Lined font & Dotted lined font)




No comments:

Post a Comment